Most people, if not anyone, has experienced having dry skin at some point of their life, this is most likely due to a harsh soap or a harsh weather condition. Well-defined, voluminous, and smoothly cascading locks are truly eye-catching. But while this may seem edgy—it is high maintenance. Achieving the perfectly tousled waves certainly does not happen overnight but over an endless trial and error.
Dry skin can lead to irritation, itching, cracking and inflammation, or with the worst case being having deep cracks that can bleed and allow bacteria to enter, risking infection.
One way to remedy this condition is by using an appropriate soap for your skin.
Top 5 Shower Soap for Dry Skin
|L'Occitane - Almond Shower Oil|
Best for Moisturizing Sensitive Skin
|Bioderma Atoderm - Shower Gel|
Anti-Bacterial Body Wash
|AHAVA Dead Mineral Botanic - Velvet Cream Body Wash|
Exfoliating Body Wash
|Archipelago Botanicals - Milk Body Wash|
Shea Infused Shower Oil
|L'Occitane - Shea Body Shower Oil|
1. L’Occitane – Almond Shower Oil – Best for Cleansing and Moisturizing
The L’Occitane Almond Shower Oil can give you one of the best experiences you’ve ever felt with a soap. This shower oil will bring dual benefits, that is through cleansing and moisturizing the skin.
Now this product does look like some type of oil, but with the moment it touches water, it turns into a lavish foam that will gently cleanse your skin, and when you are done, your skin will feel satiny smooth while the soap will leave the luscious smell of almonds on your skin.
Besides cleansing and moisturizing, this shower oil can also be ideal for shaving, and will not leave a razor burn that people commonly get when shaving.
- Cleanses skin
- Moisturizes skin
- Leaves a luscious scent
- Has instant effects
- Can be used for shaving
- A bit expensive
2. Bioderma Atoderm – Shower Gel – Best for Moisturizing Sensitive Skin
The Bioderma Atoderm is an all in one shower gel that you can use both for your face and your body. This is best for moisturizing dry and sensitive skin. The ingredients of this shower gel contribute to make a soothing effect that should decrease discomfort and deliver a good experience when showering.
Even with a soap-free formulation, this cleansing shower gel still has good cleansing properties that should be able to cleanse your skin without the irritation brought by soap. And with a light marine scent that is subtle and pleasant, this would definitely be suitable for the whole family.
- Sensitive skin-friendly
- Has a light subtle scent
- Issues with the packaging
3. AHAVA Dead Mineral Botanic – Velvet Cream Body Wash – Anti-Bacterial Body Wash
The Ahava Mineral Botanic Velvet Cream is a cream wash that has moisturizing and anti-bacterial ingredients with the help of the two main ingredients which are Hibiscus and Fig, the Hibiscus causes dry skin to smoothen out while rejuvenating it at the same time, and the Hibiscus also provide anti-bacterial properties. The Fig also helps in moisturizing while it also provide out anti-inflammatory properties.
This also has water from the dead sea as an ingredient. As an assurance, this product is paraben-free and will be safe for people with allergies. And overall, this is recommended for daily use for all skin types to help rejuvenate dry skin.
- The Fig and Hibiscus extracts work together to moisturize your skin
- The extracts bring anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties
- Approved for sensitive and allergic skin
- The smell will wash off really quick
4. Archipelago Botanicals – Milk Body Wash – Exfoliating Body Wash
The Archipelago Botanicals Milk is made out of soy, rice, and oat, mixed with some vanilla, and all blended in with coconut water. The soy, oat, and rice proteins help each other to gently cleanse and exfoliate the skin to smoothen it out, helping it to give off a smoother and brighter skin.
With all the ingredients together, this makes a natural body wash that’ll leave your skin feeling fresh and rejuvenated. And with its irresistible fragrance that blends perfectly with this product, this is indeed recognized as one of the best moisturizing and exfoliating body wash.
- Can exfoliate and moisturize at the same time
- With a balanced scent, it is suitable for people who are sensitive to fragrance
- Leaves your skin feeling smooth and fresh
- More expensive than common body washes
5. L’Occitane – Shea Body Shower Oil – Shea Infused Shower Oil
The L’Occitane Shea Body Shower Oil can help nourish, soften, and protect your skin, this is most likely due to the benefits of Shea which this shower oil has 10% of concentration. Besides that, this shower oil will also gently cleanse your skin and helps remoisturize your dry skin. And not only that, but this can also lock in moisture to your skin, which can help prevent getting dry skin in the future.
This is mainly suitable for people exposed to dry climates, but this is not recommended for people with sensitive or allergic skin, as this has a certain amount of sulfate and fragrance infused. Overall, this is only best suitable for people with healthy skin who would use this only to protect their skin from getting dry.
- Prevents skin from getting dry
- Nourishes and softens skin
- Not suitable for allergic or sensitive skin
Getting the right shower soap can help you prevent getting dry skin, and getting the wrong one for maybe worse than not getting one at all, and trying everything until you get the right one is somewhat dangerous too. Here are the things you need to consider when buying a shower soap:
We sometimes have the same skin problems, like dry skin, acne, and other common conditions, but we need different treatments due to different skin types. Here are the common skin types:
- Normal Skin – This skin type has the perfect balance between being too oily and too dry, has little to none imperfections, and has barely visible pores.
- Combination Skin – This is when your skin is dry on some parts, normal on the other, and oily on some parts. This is more tricky to treat as you need different procedures for different areas of your skin.
- Dry Skin – This is when your skin has near invisible pores, this skin type looks dull, rough, and has more visible lines, and in some cases, the skin can develop red patches.
- Oily Skin – This is recognizable when you have enlarged pores, increase in acne, pimples, and other blemishes. And lastly, oily skin looks dull or shiny.
It is recommended that you recognize your own skin type first before getting a soap that’s suited for your skin type, you can’t fix something without knowing what’s wrong. Please do this so you can lower the chances for a skin complication to happen, and to have a higher chance of fixing your skin issue.
The soaps’ pH level
The skin is at around pH5 which is slightly acidic, now there are many soaps out there that says pH7 will do the best for your skin, but a pH7 soap won’t be strong enough to clean the skin. It is recommended to get a soap that is rated at pH5 to ensure the best cleaning capabilities.
Sensitivity and skin conditions
Some people have a much more sensitive skin, while allergies and skin conditions can cause that sensitivity, making a person vulnerable to skin damages, and will need special skin products to prevent the skin from further damage, and to help cure or remedy the conditions as well. So, if you have sensitive skin, or any skin conditions, make sure that the product you are buying will be safe for you.